About stiftelsen

dnvgl-3Stiftelsen Det Norske Veritas is a free-standing, autonomous and independent foundation whose purpose is to safeguard life, property and the environment. This purpose is achieved through its ownership of wholly or partly-owned companies – of which the most important is the DNV GL group, a classification, certification and technical assurance and advisory company.

The DNV GL group was formed following the merger between the classification societies DNV and GL in September 2013. Stiftelsen Det Norske Veritas owns 63.5% of the DNV GL group through Det Norske Veritas Holding AS. The remaining 36.5% is owned by Mayfair Beteiligungsfonds II GmbH & Co KG.

In addition to its main activity as majority owner of DNV GL Group AS, Stiftelsen Det Norske Veritas also owns real estate, most notably the headquarters premises of both Stiftelsen Det Norske Veritas and the DNV GL group in Norway.